MIT GLOBAL STARTUP LABS
Aracaju, SE Brazil
- UNIT/ Tiradentes Group
- UNIT/ Tiradentes Group
Are you an undergraduate student enrolled at Tiradentes Group? Are you interested in mobile technology entrepreneurship and software development? If so, please apply for the MIT Global Startup Labs Program in January 2020 in Aracaju at Tiradentes Innovation Center, where you will gain technical and entrepreneurial skills.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Global Startup Labs (MIT GSL) is a multidisciplinary initiative that promotes technology entrepreneurship and software development skills globally. Since 2000, more than 200 MIT student-instructors have taught around 3000 students in 22 countries.
The MIT GSL program in Brazil is managed by the MISTI MIT-Brazil Program and the January 2020 program will be run with the sponsorship of UNIT and the support of UNIT's International Office and the Tiradentes Institute in Boston.
The program will walk aspiring Brazilian students through all the steps of starting a successful tech startup in a fast-paced 4-week curriculum taught by instructors who are doing cutting-edge technology and business research and application at MIT. This program is possible thanks to our Host and Sponsor (UNIT) and multiple partners.
The curriculum includes, but is not limited to, brainstorming for a startup idea, identifying a market, defining a minimum viable product (MVP), developing a mobile app or software from the ground up, and designing a business model. This will culminate into a "Demo Day" at the end of the 4-week program, in which the startups will showcase their work and prototypes to potential investors and peers.
In addition, the MIT GSL with UNIT will host networking events and initiatives to build a network of local investors, mentors, entrepreneurs, and developers centered in Brazil to help jump-start a tech startup ecosystem. The program is not a typical class - it is a hands-on bootcamp where you will work in teams to develop and ultimately launch a startup. Gain access to mentorship, investors, contacts, and possible seed funding during demo days.
IMPORTANT: This is an intensive 4-week course. Students must commit to attending every day from morning till evening (~9am - 5pm every day), with daily tasks and required exercises often assigned for the evening. The course will take place at the UNIT campus in Aracaju from January 6 – January 31.
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate course
• Must currently live in Brazil
• English proficiency is a requirement
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Display an interest in entrepreneurship
• Demonstrate coding, design or business expertise
• Application Deadline: Nov 14, 11:59pm (BSB time).
• Skype interview: Nov 18 - Nov 27
• Acceptance Notification: Nov 30
• Applicants must confirm participation by Dec 6
Additional details to note:
• Application must be submitted in English
• 25 students will be selected to be part of the program
• Late applications will not be accepted
• Your application information will be kept confidential
• To see the full list of questions BEFORE starting the application form, click here.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.