We got some great information from Karen Walstra from Google. Below are the links and information she has shared with us. I hope you make the most of it all!
- Google for Education website: https://www.google.com/intl/en_za/edu/ which offers an online, educational platform to registered schools, with apps, tools, a control-administration panel and a 24/7. Google apps for Education is free to schools, schools would register using their own domain name, the school's data is seen as their own data and Google has strict and secure privacy, security and control policies and tools which apply when using Google for Education for all users under that school's domain name.
Privacy - No advertising at all, No ad scanning, No data mining for ads
Security - control of your domain, and your data
Data belongs to you, not Google
Backed up to Google’s cloud & guaranteed 99.9% uptime*
Certified and audited: SAS70 Type II, SSAE 16 & ISAE 3402 Type II
Tools schools can trust: https://www.google.co.za/edu/trust/
Security and privacy overview: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=60762
Google Security & Privacy Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/googleprivacy
Manage User Security Settings: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1360111&topic=29818&ctx=topic
Control - Manage security and privacy policies for all organisations, sub-organisations, groups and users in the Google Apps for Education Admin Console
- Google for education apps weblink (the free offering you get as a school if you sign up): https://www.google.com/edu/products/productivity-tools/
- YouTube - Google for Education 101: https://youtu.be/uXFUl0KcIkA
- To register your school with Google apps for education here is the form: https://www.google.com/a/signup/u/0/?enterprise_product=GOOGLE.EDU&hl=en&source=gafe-alpha_homepage_6800160-en#0
- Google Classroom (an app within the suite of Google Apps for Education) - Learn more at https://www.google.com/edu/products/productivity-tools/classroom/
- YouTube Google Classroom 101: https://youtu.be/K26iyyQMp_g
- YouTube Google classroom - teachers' experiences: https://youtu.be/JUiLc0If0CI
- Google for education training information: http://www.google.com/edu/training/
- Google for Education Training Centre: https://edutrainingcenter.withgoogle.com/
- If your school is going to use the Google tools, there is training on the Google for Education website
- 1. for the school administrator: http://certification.googleapps.com/admin
- 2. for the teachers: https://edutrainingcenter.withgoogle.com/training
- Google for Education IT Guide: https://www.google.com/edu/it/
- Chromebooks information: http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/
- YouTube - Introducing a chromebook: https://youtu.be/TVqe8ieqz10
- Chromebooks: https://youtu.be/oLUPlTA9gsY
- YouTube - What Chrome OS: https://youtu.be/0QRO3gKj3qw
- YouTube -Chromebooks in the Classroom, what teachers and learners are saying: https://youtu.be/mSbZQNJwPuI
- Chrome management console: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/business/devices/features-management-console.htm
- Manage chrome devices: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1289314?hl=enl
To register with Google for Non-profit, here www.google.co.za/nonprofits/
G4NP Members will gain access to premium Google products and support, including:
- Google Ad Grants: Free AdWords advertising to promote your website on Google through keyword targeting.
- YouTube Nonprofit Program: Premium branding capabilities on YouTube channels, and increased uploading capacity.
- Google Apps for Nonprofit: Free version of the Google Apps business productivity suite, including Gmail, Docs, Calendar, and more.
Explore the website and begin a club or two are your school today!
Manage your digital footprint - Students will be empowered with the information to make safe and appropriate decisions online by learning the importance of online citizenship, how to manage and create a positive reputation online and how to always explore the Internet and other digital communication in a safe manner.
Identify tricks and scams online - students will learn how to avoid online tricks and scams, and learn best practices of how to conduct themselves online.
- Expeditions: Take your students to places a school bus can't
- Google Expeditions: over a million students, on trips to virtually anywhere
- From your point of view as developers here is how Google is thinking how expeditions can grow and more detail about what it is: VR in the Classroom: Early lessons learned from Google Expeditions - Google I/O 2016
- Course for Educators and Students: https://computationalthinkingcourse.withgoogle.com/course
- Exploring Computational Thinking - resources for educators to use: https://www.google.com/edu/resources/programs/exploring-computational-thinking/